Monday 20 November 2017

Mindfulness Words

Morning and welcome to my shared post for IndigoBlu,

Created this card using the Believe stencil, the Mindfulness A5 stamp set and a new face stencil that I was lucky enough to receive at the IndigoBlu Retreat. This will be released in the New Year so please keep a look out for this as they are stunning!


Firstly I used the Believe stencil with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide onto a piece of mixed media card.


Then I added the other Oxides (Twisted Citron and Wild Honey) one by one onto my glass mat and after adding a spritz of water dabbed the card into this. I trimmed this into a square to fit a 6" square card blank.


Another way of doing this is to dab the oxide onto a piece of acetate, spritz and then placed onto the card. This is better if you want to control when the colours are placed.


I placed the Believe stencil over the card and using a black pen outlined 3 of the words and let them smudge slightly. Using the face stencil I drew the outline with a pencil and then painted over with Black Gesso. I watered down the Gesso to create shading under the chin and also the hair.


Using the Mindfulness stamp set I picked out several words and stamped in Black Versafine and cut these out.


Two of the words were mat and layered onto black card before being added.


To add the finishing touches the words were added between the stenciled words. I drew a border freehand in black before added this to a black card blank.


Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more inspiration using IndigoBlu products with you soon. 

Plus don't forget to keep a look out for the new face stencils in the New Year!!

Carolyn
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment